- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 carrot, cut into 1-inch julienne strips
- 1 small red pepper, cut into 1-inch julienne strips
- 1 cup Napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 roll of jimmy dean sausage or as much as you like.
- 20 wonton wrappers covered loosely with a damp paper towel to prevent drying
- 6 eggs
In a wok or skillet, stir-fry the , carrots, and red pepper and stir-fry over high heat for 2 minutes.
In a skillet, sausage, soy sauce, and 3 well beat eggs then Add the Napa cabbage . Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft. Add sesame oil, cool for at least 15 minutes, and strain.
rub one side of the egg roll wrappers with egg yolk, using 1 tablespoon then flip over and fill with mixture. Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time, place the wrapper with one corner of the diamond closest to you. Place 1 teaspoon of the filling in the center of the wrapper. Roll the corner closest to you over the filling. Brush the top corner with with egg. Fold in the sides of the wonton and continue rolling the egg roll up until it is closed. Press to seal, set aside, and continue with the remaining ingredients.
In a skillet set over moderately high heat, heat the remaining oil and saute the egg rolls until golden brown on all sides, using tongs to turn them. Serve when cool enough to eat, with dipping sauce.